Apply online Visit our office
Mail documents We prepare your documents and application
Receive visas Submit application in person
Expert in Japan visa services since 2003, VisaHQ is a private visa agency, not affiliated with the government of Japan. VisaHQ provides expediting services for visa to Japan and charges a service fee. See how we compare in the 90 seconds


            Japan Visa

Japan Visa for China passport holder living in United States of America

Call us 7 days a week: 800-345-6541800-345-6541
US permanent resident?
Tourist visa
Business visa
Visitor visa
Journalist visa
Student visa
Work visa
Transit visa

Select the type of Japan tourist visa application:

and send the following documents to VisaHQ:

Japan visa application form. For online orders, please download, print and sign Japan visa application, prepared by our system under your account.
Original, signed China passport with at least 6 months of remaining validity.
Passport Photo: 1 Include a passport style photo, with a white background, taken within the last 6 months. You may also choose to upload a photo to your order for us to print. There is a surcharge associated with this service.
Proof of Status. Copy of Green Card or other proof of legal status in the US (such as copy of I-20, DS-2019, H1B approval notice, etc. VisaHQ cannot assist US B1/B2 visa holders at this time.)
Itinerary. Copy of purchased round trip tickets or itinerary (Applicant's name and confirmation number must be on itinerary).
Bank Statement. Original bank statements for the past 3 months. The most recent statement should show evidence of sufficient funds for travel of approximately $300 per day.
Hotel Reservations. Copy of hotel reservations (Applicant's name must be on Hotel Reservation).
Day by Day Itinerary. A completed day-by-day itinerary form. Please be sure to include a contact phone number for each day and the hotel name in the address (if applicable). This form is available here.
If visiting family or friends
Any applicant who is being invited to stay at a family or friends as an accommodation must have the Letter of Guarantee and Letter of Reason for Invitation filled out in both Japanese and English. If applicant is staying at a hotel but expenses are paid by family or friend, they must also fill out the additional forms. The forms can be found here.

Inviter must also provide the following documents:

Certificate of Residency: A copy of inviter's certificate of residency in Japan if applicant is staying with family or friends.

Residence Card: A copy of the front and back of inviter's Japanese residence card.

Certificate of Employment: A copy of inviter's certificate of employment to show they are employed. Only required if applicant is staying with family or friends.

The Consulate may require additional documents at their discretion.

Please be advised that the Consulate of Japan may extend the processing time by several weeks for certain applicants. This decision is entirely at the Consulate's discretion.

Japan tourist visa fees for citizens of China

Single entry
  • Validity: up to 3 months
  • Processing: 5-10 business days
  • Total cost:
Maximum stay in Japan: 30 days Japan visa help
Maximum stay in Japan: 30 days Japan visa help
Credit card
Japan visa for citizens of China is required. For more information please contact the nearest Japan embassy.

This information is available at website.
No worries, we did it for your convenience.

Get all the information and services provided exclusively for residents in one click.
Go to
Find us near you
Washington, DC
New York, NY
Houston, TX
San Francisco, CA
Los Angeles, CA
Chicago, IL